Updated: Aug 28
Ever heard any of the following statements?
● Making music is hard
● You’ll never make it in the music industry
● Why is it so hard to make it big in music?
Let’s not twist the facts. Making it big in music is just as hard as making it big “anywhere”.
But this is the era of technology, social media, platforms, and consumerism. Local is global today. With that, you also get ways to make the journey slightly easier.
Let’s just say this: technology makes music production more bearable.
The key to producing music is obviously your talent, creativity, and innate genius. You can then make it faster, easier, and more collaborative with tools like Bandlab.
What is BandLab?
Bandlab is a software (app) for music creators (and listeners) that helps you make music online. The Singapore-based platform (which incidentally also owns the Rolling Stone Magazine) provides not only a 100% free music editor but also a platform to help you launch your music dreams.
Bandlab helps music creators to make music on the go (in your browser) without having to download anything or install software at all. Featuring a free recording interface that has lots of cleared loops, and a fully functional DAW in your pocket to make music is now as accessible as email.
What does Bandlab provide? Is Bandlab Free?
Bandlab features a suite available for music creation (including web audio and audio mastering) and an endless library of sounds, making music doesn’t have to be an elaborate or expensive affair.
Bandlab is absolutely free to use.
It’s a great way to not just produce music but also join a community of passionate music creators, music listeners, and others.
Cakewalk by BandLab is touted as the new standard for the modern music creator or producer. The product features advanced technology, an effortless workflow, and an intuitive interface to produce music.
For music creators, it’s a little Pandora’s Box (but in a nice way).
For instance, music creators get access to a vastly customizable interface that resembles the analog console. Use Cakewalk by Bandlab to create anything like music tracks, mixing music or sound, or even FX (from essential to unique).
As a music creator, you can customize your own flow. Build and upgrade your channel strip by using an ever-expandable library or pro-channel modules such as resonant filtering, convolution reverb, dynamic compression, and more.
You also get access to a powerful EQ, peak limiting, and tube saturation.
Using Cakewalk and its award-winning customizable Skylight user interface you can easily do the following:
● Compose: Enjoy Unlimited Tracks and have access to several songwriting tools and musical instruments to help you compose complete songs or music tracks easily.
● Record: Feeling inspired by what you just created? Record your music with industry-leading quality, unlimited audio, and MIDI tracks.
● Edit: No rendition is perfect, ever. You can fix your mistakes, arrange parts of tracks (or rearrange), manipulate your music (patch, time, and others), and more.
● Mix: Produce music like a pro. Go big with pro-studio sounds. Experiment with clear, big, and dynamic mixes with a full range of mixing tools available.
● Master: Built-in mastering tools allow you to polish your music and make it better than ever.
● Share: Bandlab’s popularity also comes from the fact that you can collaborate, share, and work with others while creating music. Share your music with the outside world by directly exporting to YouTube, SoundCloud, Facebook, and more.
Bandlab tries to bring the industry’s best music technology and make it accessible.
Further, with BandLab, music creators can also collaborate with others in real-time. Some of the features of Bandlab include professional audio mastering with instant results. Music creators also have the ability to release and sell music as an independent music creator. Release your music tracks, singles, EPs, and albums without having to pay any fees or commissions.
As of March 2021, Bandlab has more than 30 million users (both creators and listeners). Bandlab has 10 million tracks produced each month (300,000 songs produced each day, or 4 songs produced per second).